PhD in Economics and Management
Accenture Chair in Sustainable Strategy,
HEC-Management School of the University of Liege
Rue Louvrex 14
Nathalie Crutzen, PhD, is Associate Professor in Strategy and Sustainability at HEC-Management School of the University of Liege (HEC Liege). Nathalie Crutzen is also Director of the Smart City Institute.
Concretely, Nathalie Crutzen develops scientific activities (research, teaching, training, etc.) in the field of sustainability, strategy and management control. In this context, Nathalie Crutzen has developed, over the last 6 years, several research projects on sustainability, strategy and related management (control); on sustainability innovations as well as on sustainable and smart cities.
Launched in January 2015, the Smart City Institute (SCI) is an academic institute dedicated to the thematic of sustainable and smart cities. It is founded on an original partnership between private companies (Accenture, Belfius, Proximus & Schréder), public actors (Walloon Region, City of Liege) and a University and its Management School (HEC Liege). This academic institute aims at stimulating research, teaching, innovation and entrepreneurship in the field of the “smart city”. The SCI proposes to approach this thematic from a managerial angle (not a technical one) while collaborating with other disciplines (necessary multidisciplinary approach). For more details: www.smartcityinstitute.be
- Crutzen, N.; Zvezdov, D.; Schaltegger, S. (2017): Sustainability and management control. Exploring and theorizing control patterns in large European firms, Journal of Cleaner Production, Vol. 143, 1291-1301.
- Maas, K.; Schaltegger, S.; Crutzen, N. (2016): Advancing the integration of corporate sustainability measurement, management and reporting. Journal of Cleaner Production, Vol. 133, 859–862.
- Maas, K.; Schaltegger, S.; Crutzen, N. (2016): Integrating corporate sustainability assessment, management accounting, control, and reporting, Journal of Cleaner Production, Vol. 136, 237–248.
- Crutzen, N. (2014): The Case of Belgium, in Schaltegger, S.; Windolph, S.; Harms, D.; Hoerisch J.(Eds.), Corporate Sustainability in International Comparison – State of Practice, Opportunities and Challenges, 53-67, Springer. ISBN: 978-3-319-06226-6.
- Crutzen, N.; Rammal, H.;Burritt, R. (2014): Sustainability, Dynamic Capabilities and Innovation, Paper presented at the 6th International Conference on Corporate Sustainability and Responsibility, Humbolt University, Berlin.
- Crutzen, N.; Herzig, C. (2013): A Review of the Empirical Research in Management Control, Strategy and Sustainability. Studies in Managerial and Financial Accounting, Vol. 26, 165-195.
- Crutzen, N.; Hoerisch, J. (2013): Is Belgium lagging behind in sustainability management? An international empirical analysis. Paper presented at 27th British Academy of Management Conference, Liverpool, UK (Best Paper Award)
- Crutzen, N.; Van Caillie, D. (2010): Le pilotage et la mesure de la performance globale de l’entreprise: Quelques pistes d’adaptation des outils existants. Humanisme et Entreprise, Vol. 297, No. 2, 13-32.
- Crutzen, N.; Van Caillie, D. (2010): Towards a Taxonomy of Explanatory Failure Patterns for Small Firms: A Quantitative Research. Review of Business and Economics, Vol. 55, No. 4, 438-463.